You have decided to explore and fulfill the dream to buy your own home.  Visiting our web site is a terrific place to start. You might feel the excitement fade when you discover the steps it takes to become a homeowner.  You'll be dealing with many different people along the way - and you are going to have many questions.  

A team of experts work with us and provide all of the tools to get you safely and securely into your nest. It is our guarantee to be patient and committed to your goals at all times.

We are known The Buyers Agent. We're your advocate. We help you find your perfect home, write an negotiate the best offer on your terms, coordinate with the team of professionals who see you through to the time you get your keys to the new nest. We save you time, trouble and best of all, money.

Their role to find you the best lender with terms and rates that are best for you.  They do not work for any one specific bank.  They represent you.  Check out one of my preferred brokers, Lisa Manwaring. 

Reviewing all of the contracts, mortgage obligations, and the Title of the property you are buying is the primary role of your legal representative. Sometimes things are easy - and sometimes it is quite complex. Leaseholds, strata, foreclosure, court ordered, estate and probated titles. You can be certain that your interests are protected in the closing process of your deal. Check out my preferred Notary, Daniel Boisvert
Family matters, specific situation and complex issues require more than just land transfer.  It is recommended that you seek advice from an experienced Real Estate Lawyer.  One you will find trustworthy and exceptional is Mark Standerwick, a partner at CFM&R.

Hiring a third party professional Home Inspector will help you evaluate the condition of the property and inform you of any repairs or concerns that could be required.  This will also help you budget for improving your home and keeping it safe.  Be sure to ask for a CAHPI (Canadian Association Professional Home Inspector) certification.  One such inspector that I have found informative and trustworthy is Steve Belevieu.

For all of your home insurance needs, including fire, theft and liability, you will need to have proof of insurance at Closing.  Westland Insurance has a great reputation for offering competitive rates and excellent service.  Its a good idea to shop around for a few quotes.  You should also inquire about obtaining Life Insurance protection equal to the value of your mortgage, and keep up with your long term financial planning.  Andrew Gordon is a great guy to talk to.

Most banks will require an independent appraisal be done on the property you wish to purchase.  Before agreeing to your financing, they want to be certain of the condition and value, as the home is also their investment.  Typically the appraiser is hired by the bank - but you may be asked to pay a nominal fee.  You will be given the results, but not necessarily the written report.  Should you wish to have your own appraisal done, a local company such as Elliot Appraisals could be contacted.

If the Seller does not have an existing valid survey certificate of the property and foundation placement, you will probably need to obtain one to satisfy the lender about easements, encroachments and other possible liabilities   Matson is one such company to consider - but check around for quotes, as each property is unique

Reciprocity Logo The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Greater Vancouver REALTORS® (GVR), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the GVR, the FVREB or the CADREB.