MAKING AN OFFER TO PURCHASE
Once we have found the home you would like to purchase, we need to prepare and present to the seller your OFFER TO PURCHASE. This is a legal document, and needs to be carefully drafted. Your offer will typically include:
- Your full legal names, with verification docments such as Passport, Photo ID
- Name of the Seller, legal civic address of property
- The Purchase Price offered
- The amount of deposit
- The closing, possession and adjustment dates
- The chattels and items to be included (appliances, window covers etc.)
- Request for time to fulfill the subject conditions on your offer (financing, inspection, sale of your existing home, strata documentation are typical items)
- Date when the offer becomes null and void
Negotiating the BEST terms and representing YOU at the bargaining table!
The whole process can seem like a roller coaster ride – exciting but stressful. Stay close to your telephone! Making an offer, receiving a counter-offer and then revising it again is not uncommon. It’s all part of the process of making the deal work for both you and the seller, and in the end – everyone wins.
Once the Seller has agreed to the terms of your offer / counter-offer, you have what is known as an Accepted Conditional Offer. Typically, you will have one week to remove all of the conditions from your offer. We get busy looking after every detail to get you to the finish line.
1) The contract AND all information about the property will be forwarded to the Mortgage Broker right away to be sure your financing is in place.
2) The Title Search, Sellers Property Condition Disclosure Statement and all other information that can impact your decision to purchase will be provided ASAP.
3) The Building inspection is scheduled – usually taking place right after the lender has approved the deal.
Once all of the conditions and inquiries about the property have been satisfied, we remove the conditions by AMENDING THE CONTRACT. At this time, you will pay the agreed deposit by way of a certified cheque or bank draft, and you are one step closer to owning your dream home! We then forward all documents to your Lawyer / Notary.
THERE IS STILL A LOT TO DO BEFORE YOU GET THE KEYS TO YOUR HOME!
It’s time for you to start organizing for your move. Commence packing!
Your team of professionals will continue to oversee all of the details. If anything comes up, you’ll be informed.